Here’s a roundup of some of my favorite recent library advocacy/awareness articles and websites. This post was definitely inspired by my library’s upcoming millage renewal election, and all of the research such an endeavor entails. I’ll be short on prose with this one. After August 3, I’ll have more time to blog again!
- U.S. Public Libraries: We Lose Them at our Peril
- It Takes a City to Raze a Library
- Yes on CADL Millage
- The Changing Role of Public Libraries – The Diane Rehm Show
- Libraries and Librarians are an Endangered Species – What You Can Do to Help
- Libraries Get a Mall Makeover (more interesting than advocacy-related)
- Geek the Library